Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dolphin Tale

My husband and I brought our son to watch Dolphin Tale yesterday. This is our second attempt to bring him to a cinema for a movie. The first attempt is to watch 'The Cars 2' but Ansel got too scared of the dark and the loud noise, we didn't even make through the preview.

This time around, we start hyping him up since 2 weeks ago. Keep telling him about how we are going to watch a dolphin movie and how he is now a big boy, he will no longer be scared of the darkness. Seemingly, this tactic works.

I honestly do not expect much on this movie even though it starred 2 of my favorite actors: Ashley Judd and Morgan Freeman. I guess I am just not too much of an animal person and never am too into any movie related to animals. I go solely because I know my son loves dolphin. And well, the tickets are free.

To my surprise, it is a GREAT movie. I love it and enjoy every single minute of it. A quick recap: It is a movie inspired by the true story of dolphin who got caught in a crab cage and severely damaged her tail. She rescued and send to a hospital. As there's too much dead tissue, her tail has to be cut. Then the story truly begin to focus on how a bunch of strangers banded together to save her life and how her story then inspire others.

I love how this movie is so simple that even my 3 year old son can follow the story line and know when the dolphin swim, it's a moment that worth applauding for (nobody else around him applauded so it's all his idea it's the right moment for celebration). Yet, it is engaging enough for adults to enjoy. It grabs onto your emotion so you rejoice when the tail-less dolphin learn to swim again, and gasped when it dislike the prosthetic tails so much to flip and destroy them. It is a beautiful story captured by a movie.

I am glad this is my son's first movie. It's inspiring, positive, loving and innocence. Yes, this movie is likely to have been altered somehow from the true story in order to make it more theatrical. But, it's not overdone at all. There not one place in the movie where I doubted, 'Is this too good to be true?' 'Is there really such wonderful people out there in our world?' All in all, this is a great movie that worth your time and money, with or without kid.

Check out more about this movie at: http://dolphintalemovie.warnerbros.com

No comments:

Post a Comment