Friday, September 2, 2011

Fresh Cream Cake

Other than having random thoughts, I love making dessert. Fresh cream cake is definitely one thing that I enjoy doing most as it's super easy and give a chance for me to think of fun and easy way to decorate using fresh fruits. And, usually I got praises on the cakes I made. What's more fun than getting lots of praises on something that is easily made?

There is no specific recipe but some basics. You can then tweak to make your own version of fresh cream cake.

Ingredients:
Sponge cake - You can make your own or use cake mix
Whipped cream - You can buy cool whip or whip up your own using heavy cream
Fruits - Any kind as your heart desire. I usually use canned fruit cocktail as the filling and fresh fruits on top or around the side

Method:
1. Bake the cake and let it cool completely. You will need 2 layers so divide the batter in half
2. Drain all the liquid from the canned fruit. Make sure the fruit pieces are as dry as possible. I use paper towel to blot dry them and put them in the fridge overnight
3. Mix about a cup of whipped cream with the dried canned fruit
4. Lay one layer of the cake on the serving plate
5. Spread the canned fruit/whip cream mixture on top
6. Lay the other layer of sponge cake on top of the mixture
7. Spread whip cream to cover the whole cake
8. Decorate as you wish (You can add more layers if you wish)

Here are some of the fresh cream cakes I've made to give some decorating ideas:


No comments:

Post a Comment